Current Job Openings
Mental Health Associate
STAR of California is hiring immediately for Associate Marriage and Family Therapists, Associate Clinical Social Workers, or Associate Professional Clinical Counselors to work as Part-Time Mental Health Associates in Irvine, CA and the surrounding areas where you can provide state of the art Mental Health services to children, adolescents, and adults that help us in Transforming Lives Together!
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Earn $250 per Behavioral or Mental Health hire with our employee referral program
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
- Registered Associate (AMFT, ACSW, APCC) with BBS current or in process
- Clinical experience with children and/or adolescents
- Valid CA driver's license and reliable transportation
- School-based service experience preferred
- Full-time Mental Health Associates (MHAs) qualify for Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays
- Drive time and mileage reimbursement traveling between client visits
- Supervised professional experience toward licensure (group and individual; no cost to associate)
- Specialized training in psychopathology, evidence-based treatments, crisis management, legal/ethical risks management with children and adolescents and didactic clinical training
- Licensure preparation and optional, specialized training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) population
- Student loan repayment plans
- Provide comprehensive 'wraparound services' to children/adolescents/families with various diagnostic presentations (i.e., Mood, Anxiety, Trauma, Neurodevelopmental Disorders)
- Individual & Family counseling utilizing evidence-based treatments
- Collaborate with IEP team members including consultation IEP services
- Maintain administrative oversight of client paperwork, collateral consults, and documentation and caseload management
- Option to provide community-based counseling/psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families with an emphasis on evidence-based practices
Mental Health Associates participate in the Mental Health Training Program within STAR of CA and its non-profit arm, CAUSE, Inc. The Mental Health Training Program commences each year on August 1 and extends to July 31 of the following year; Mental Health Associates are expected to participate in the training year in its entirety. Mental Health Associates will receive Supervised Professional Experience in accordance with regulations set forth by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
About The Stepping Stones Group
The Stepping Stones Group is a premier, national provider of behavioral and psychological services to individuals with autism and related disorders in a nurturing environment where the entire family is supported. Together, we can stand even stronger behind our mission of Transforming Lives Together to being children and families first-class pediatric services.